The Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal is a state-wide, specialist Tribunal that provides Tasmanians with fair and efficient legal proceedings resolution services across a broad range of areas of the law.
TASCAT will resolve applications, appeals and other proceedings through appropriate dispute resolution processes such as mediations and conciliations, or through conducting hearings that provide a final decision about the proceedings.
The TASCAT has brought together 9 different Tribunals as part of the first amalgamation. Those Tribunals are:
- The Mental Health Tribunal
- The Guardianship and Administration Board
- The Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Tribunal
- The Asbestos Compensation Tribunal
- The Motor Accident Compensation Tribunal
- The Health Practitioners Tribunal
- The Anti-Discrimination Tribunal
- The Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal
- The Forest Practices Tribunal
The Tribunal is run by a President and has Deputy Presidents, Members, Registrars and staff who all work together to make sure the Tribunal complies with its statutory requirements.
|Mr Malcolm Schyvens||President of the TASCAT|
|Mr Richard Grueber||Division Head/Deputy President (General Division)|
|Ms Alison Clues||Deputy President|
|Ms Yvonne Chaperon||Deputy President|
|Ms Rowena Holder||Deputy President|
|Ms Lucinda Jack||Senior Member|
For further information about TASCAT please read the following:
- Service Charter
- Complaints and feedback policy
- TASCAT Member Code of Conduct
- Tribunal technology
- Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2020
- Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Regulations 2021
- Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Rules 2021
If you have any questions or require assistance in obtaining further information, please contact the Tribunal Registry.